Residential Services were an essential part of our original charter more than 60 years ago and remain at the heart of our mission. (more)
- Friends of Youth has provided foster care services since 1951. By recruiting, licensing, training and supporting foster parents, we provide therapeutic foster care and support to children and youth who have faced significant family trauma and need a safe home and counseling. We nurture foster kids in need of the most intensive services, creating the most dramatic changes in their lives.
- Friends of Youth provides residential group care for youth in need of specialized care. Our 24-hour staffed facilities offer a warm, therapeutic environment where youth learn skills of responsibility, self-sufficiency, and independence.
- Our New Roads Programs provide extended foster care for refugees ages 17-21, offering support with education, life skills, employment, and housing.
Friends of Youth provides support and stability to youth and young adults who are experiencing homelessness and/or at-risk of homelessness. Each night in King County, as many as 779 youth are homelessness or unstably housed, as according to King County's 2014 Count Us In Report. Friends of Youth delivers a range of services to help youth on their path towards independent living, self-sufficiency, and adulthood. (more)
- Our Street Outreach and Drop-In programs provide crisis intervention, resource referrals and connections, case management, and basic needs to homeless youth ages 15-22 in North and East King County.
- Friends of Youth operates the only youth shelters on the Eastside, providing safe temporary living alternatives to young people who are homeless or dealing with a family crisis. Youth Haven supports youth under 18, and The Landing shelters young adults ages 18-24.
- New Ground includes 6 transitional living programs located in King and Snohomish counties, offering safe housing, counseling, and life skills young adults, pregnant and parenting mothers, and families. In addition to transitional living homes, Friends of Youth provides subsidized apartments and case management for young adults ready for more independent living.
- Specialized services, tailored to address the needs of all homeless youth and young adults, include: employment services, case management designed for survivors of sexual assault and trafficking, and King County Safe Place that provides 24/7 outreach and response to under 18 youth in crisis.
Since 1986, Friends of Youth has offered counseling and support services to youth and their families in the Issaquah, Snoqualmie and Duvall school communities. Our services include:
- Mental Health Counseling
- Susbstance abuse treatment
- Parenting education and support
- Drop-out prevention and academic support
- Home visiting and early learning for young parents
The counselors at Friends of Youth believe that helping individuals and families identify and build on strengths is the most important component of the counseling process. Our counselors are experienced in dealing with many issues including: behavior problems, school difficulties, depression and anxiety, survivors of sexual and/or physical abuse, post-traumatic stress, anger and conflict management, divorce and blended family challenges, and illness and death of loved ones.
We focus on connecting with our clients, building trust, and helping them develop new coping skills. We also engage the entire family, building on their strengths to teach new ways of interacting with each other while developing strategies to help their child stay healthy. (more)