Transitional Living Program Manager
The Transitional Living Program (TLP) Manager is responsible for
developing, implementing and overseeing the delivery of appropriate services
to formerly homeless young adults in the Friends of Youth Transitional
Living Housing Programs: New Ground Kirkland, Everett, Bothell, Sandpoint
and Avondale Park.
- Program Oversight
- Meet regularly with Homeless Youth Services Director to
implement strategic plan, monitor budget, review program
operations and initiate discussion/resolution on any problem or
- Develop a deep understanding of all funding sources and
contractual requirements for program operations. Ensure that
budgets for each facility are carefully monitored and reviewed
on a monthly basis with lead case managers/site coordinator and
that all funding requirements are met.
- Work with grant writers to ensure that all requests are
consistent with strategic plan that budgets are consistent with
agency guidelines and that outcomes are clear and
deliverable.Develop contact with significant individual(s) in
referring agencies and maintain a positive and collaborative
- Implement and disseminate agency policy. Develop and disseminate program procedures.
- Ensure that all data on agency service elements are properly
collected and entered in Youth Force, in compliance with the
requirements of funding or referring agencies, and responsive to
- Assist in compilation and at times submission of required
reporting for multiple funding sources associated with TLP
- Implement and disseminate agency policy
- Develop and disseminate program procedures.
- Ensure that the agency is well represented in each community
where a housing facility is located.
- Interpret the agency to individuals, groups and
organizations, and the community at large.
- Minimize program vacancies by working closely with the
intake specialist and housing support program manager to ensure
timely placement of appropriately screened youth.
- Coordinate monthly budget, recreation, transportation,
- Advocate policy for homeless youth and homeless
pregnant/parenting youth; be knowledgeable about and work in
coordination with Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to identify
appropriate volunteer opportunities, and assist in the training
and support of program volunteers
- Client Focused Tasks
- Responsible for ensuring that all resident receive
individualized living plans including assessment, goals and
objectives, monitoring of progress and after-care plans.
- Ensure the timely completion of client-centered forms and
reports required by the agency and all funders
- Collaborate on service planning methods, goals and program
development with the Homeless Youth Services Director. Ensure
that service planning strategies and methods are within the
guidelines of agency goals, policies and procedures
- Attend agency or professional group seminars and conferences to increase
- Facilitate group meetings.
- Oversee resident's case management.
- Oversee completion of quarterly PQI reviews and prepare summaries.
- Staff Supervision
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, orienting, training, supervision and recognition
of all Transitional Living Program staff. Ensure that the six-month and thereafter
annual employee performance evaluations are completed with each staff on time.
- Provide support and guidance to all Lead Case Managers in
their supervision of Resident Managers and other staff as
- Develop supervision guidelines and performance evaluation
criteria for staff.
- Meet regularly with Lead Case Managers/Site Coordinator and
facilitate all-program staff meetings.
- Develop training plans and sessions for all program staff. This includes development of
suitable goals and objectives relating to training, the securing of necessary resources, and
the development of a training calendar on a yearly basis ensuring twenty hours per staff
- Continually monitor staff performance and the accomplishment
of agency goals and objectives. Prepare weekly updates and a
monthly report for the Homeless Youth Services Director.
- Ensure adequate training for all program staff. This
includes development of suitable goals and objectives relating
to training, the securing of necessary resources, and the
development of a training calendar on a yearly basis ensuring
twenty hours per staff per year.
- Participate in selecting, incorporating and supervising
student interns and volunteers in the completion of their duties
and service time in cooperation with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Ensure staff is familiar with overall agency personnel
policies and procedures and with agency job descriptions.
- Ensure that program staff understand and are able to work
with program philosophy and that all work is completed in
alignment with agency’s values.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Five years’ experience working with homeless
or formerly homeless young people under the age of 25
- Two years supervisory/management experience including
two years minimum experience in managing multiple grants and
- Employees and volunteers who operate their own or Friends of Youth
vehicles on Friends of Youth business must have a safe driving record
as defined by Friends of Youth. Employees and volunteers who operate their
own vehicle(s) on Friends of Youth business must carry auto liability
insurance that complies with the requirements of Friends of Youth.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organization skills
- Budget and grant writing ability
- Knowledge of relevant COA standards and participation in the
- Must demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural
differences and a commitment to the value of cultural
Director of Homeless Youth Services
Job Posting Date
Return to Employment Opportunities